Like most websites today, we utilise cookies to improve your experience while browsing our site. These small text files save information on your computer to perform various functions.
- Keep the website running as you'd expect (for example keeping you logged in as you browse different web pages).
- Keep track of the pages that you enjoy the most so that we can display personalised content for you.
- Let you share things you like on your social networks.
- Store some of your details, such as your log in details.
Cookies play a crucial role in improving our website. By tracking visitor levels, device usage, popular pages, social media shares, and traffic sources (such as search engines and links), we can enhance the website experience for both ourselves and our users.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information, including email address. (We will never share any of your contact derails with third parties.)
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You always have the option to opt-out of receiving any emails from us, by clicking 'unsubscribe' link on the footer of the marketing email or by contacting us.
Types of cookies and what each one is for:
- First Party: These are cookies set by us and only usable by us. They are the ones that keep you logged in during a browsing session.
- Third-Party: These are cookies set by third parties that we use. The only third-party cookies we use are for evaluating our website (we use Google Analytics for this), and those that allow you to share things on your social media sites.
- Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies that are deleted when you close your browser. These are the ones that keep you logged in as you browse from page to page.
- Persistent Cookies: These are stored on your device for a fixed period of time. We use this to remember your preferences to show you personalised content and offers, as well as remember your login or payment details for your next visit if you specifically tell us you want us to.
- Mozilla Firefox: Click 'Tools' at the top left of your Firefox window. Then click 'Options' and a smaller window should pop up. Click the 'Privacy' tab, and choose 'use custom settings for history' from the drop-down box. Then you can uncheck the 'Accept cookies from sites' box to remove all cookies, or 'Accept third-party cookies' to just remove third-party cookies. You can also choose to delete cookies every time you close Firefox, or make it so you approve every cookie as they are about to be used by a site by keeping the 'accept cookies' box checked and choosing 'I close Firefox' or 'ask me every time' in the 'Keep until:' drop down box.
- Safari: In Safari 5.0 or earlier, click 'Preferences', 'Security' and then 'Accept cookies'. There you will get the option to block all cookies, accept all cookies, or accept cookies just from sites you go to regularly. In Safari 5.1 or later, click 'Preferences' and 'Privacy', where you can choose to allow or block all cookies, or to block cookies from third parties and advertisers.
- Internet Explorer: Click 'Tools' at the top left of your Explorer window. Then Click 'Internet Options' and a smaller window should pop up. Click the 'Privacy' tab at the top, and the settings slider allows you to choose the level of privacy you want. Clicking at the various intervals tells you what that level of privacy does for you. For example, the highest level of protection will block all cookies.
- Google Chrome: Click the spanner icon on the main toolbar, then choose 'options' and then 'under the hood'. Click on the 'Privacy' option, and then 'content settings'. Clicking on 'cookies' will give you options to; delete all cookies, block all cookies, allow all cookies or set preferences for different websites.